Nuvie - New Ultima VI Engine -  
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forum

Externalized graphics?

Posted by bansheex 

Externalized graphics?
October 07, 2017 01:29PM
I know you guys are busy working on Martian Dreams, but I am itching to mod the graphics with some of my own pixel art. It'd be great if you could someday externalize the tilemap into the same place as the new sprites and paperdolls. This shouldn't require bundling copyrighted art, just extract the data from U6 during first-run and convert it into an easily editable bmp that is stored/used in nuvie's dir.

It'd be great to lose the palette restriction, too, so I can make the game look less neon.
Re: Externalized graphics?
October 12, 2017 07:28AM
I just noticed in the changelog that there is a new command alt914 or something to do this. However, when I perform the command and get the message... no file is actually created like it says. I looked.
Re: Externalized graphics?
January 02, 2018 03:49AM
It doesn't seem to not work if the directory doesn't exist. The default export location on Windows is "C:\Ultima6\u6_save\data\images\tiles\u6". After custom_tiles.bmp is edited, it needs to be placed in Nuvie's data directory. The default location to put it in Windows is "C:\Ultima6\data\images\tiles\U6".

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login