Nuvie - New Ultima VI Engine -  
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forum

Using Roland MT-32 music on Ultima VI

Posted by zosite 

Using Roland MT-32 music on Ultima VI
March 19, 2017 07:11PM
Hi there! Quick one: is it possible to use Roland MT-32 music instead AdLib on Ultima VI? If so I couldn't find the way to do it on available documentation and I was hoping to find some method similar to that of Exult or DOSBox, either with its own MUNT-based emulator or choosing a standard windows driver (I also have the MUNT driver installed). Right now I've set Roland music on Ultima VI install options but somehow I think those choices aren't even checked and everything must be set within Nuvie environment (nuvie.cfg, etc.).

Having FM-Towns SFX available is splendid (not so much the speech though I find it amusing) but with the MT-32 music would be perfect. And, if it can't be done at the moment, do you plan to implement this on the near future?

Thanks in advance for your attention and support.
Re: Using Roland MT-32 music on Ultima VI
March 20, 2017 08:12PM
You cannot currently play MT-32 music. Unfortunately, Eric has little time to code and new music types (Towns and MT-32) are a low priority so I don't expect it in the near future. He's slowly working on implementing Martian Dreams at the moment.
Re: Using Roland MT-32 music on Ultima VI
March 21, 2017 11:40AM
Understood, thank you. Well, hope such a nice feature will be implemented... eventually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login