Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/nuvie/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 230

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/nuvie/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 245

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/nuvie/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 230

Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/project-web/nuvie/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php on line 245

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/project-web/nuvie/htdocs/phorum/include/format_functions.php:230) in /tmp/tpl-nuvie-header-0c44558bb8d8712f21ffb6e880f8c39b.php-stage2 on line 5
How Do I Extract Audio From FM Towns Version?
Nuvie - New Ultima VI Engine -  
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forum

Posted by skippman 

March 18, 2017 01:38PM
Let me preface this with saying, like all the others, how amazing Nuvie is! Ultima 6 was my first serious CRPG and will always hold a place in my heart. It's been over 20 years since I first played it but when I saw this I had to play it again and relive that part of my childhood.

I have Nuvie up and working, but I would like to rip the sound from the FM Towns version so I can enjoy it on my Windows PC. I've been looking over the documentation here on the forum as well as searching and I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it.

For those of you who made this work, what are the specific CLI commands I need to run using u6decomp to extract the audio?
Re: How Do I Extract Audio From FM Towns Version?
March 18, 2017 09:37PM
With the file in same folder, you should be able to decompress it following this structure
u6decomp file_name extracted_file_name

I don't know if there is any player that could play the extracted files.

If you are just trying to have the soundfx or speech in Nuvie, then you can just copy over the following files.

You need these files in the directory that the townsdir cfg option points to.
CONVERSE.A
CONVERSE.B
CONVERSE.C
CONVERSE.D
SOUNDS1.DAT
SOUNDS2.DAT
SPEECH (directory with all files inside it)

The sfx cfg option in the ultima6 section can be set to towns so you can use the FM-Towns sfx. The audio menu can be used to turn off or on the speech.

<ultima6>
 <townsdir>./fmtownsU6</townsdir>
 <sfx>towns</sfx>
</ultima6>

I don't think Nuvie can play the FM-Towns music atm. The music file seems to be ALLMUSIC (no file extension).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login