Martian Dreams Progress UpdatePosted Sep 14th, 2015
Martian Dreams support is progressing well. We have completed all cutscene logic an are now focusing on
adding in-game logic. Quite a bit of the original game logic has been ported across and we are currently
working on actor attack/damge logic.
Daily builds are available for those interested in trying out the progress to date.
Nuvie sourcecode moved to githubPosted Jul 30th, 2015
The nuvie source code has been moved from SVN to Git and is now hosted on github.
The new repository is
We will continue to use sourceforge for the website hosting and offical downloads.
Nuvie Version 0.5Posted Mar 14th, 2014
The Nuvie team are proud to announce the special 11th anniversary release of Nuvie, Version 0.5
There has been a huge number of changes and enhancements since our last release. 350 commits to the source code. A summary of the major points are listed below.
- Added the U6 end game sequence
- Added in game menus where you can change lots of options without editing the cfg file.
- Added custom paper doll art and custom actor tiles.
- Added new game UI styles. (original+ and original+ full map.) video/game_style is used to choose what game style to use. fullscreen_map got changed to "new"style.
- Added joystick (gamepad/controller) support which included major work done on making key bindings so that they are consistently configurable.
- Added lots of new cheat commands and other key bindings including TOGGLE_FPS_DISPLAY, QUICK_SAVE, and QUICK_LOAD.
- Added new container gumps, wooden sign gump, and a new CommandBar.
- Added new message scroll, Daniel's new U6 celestial ribbon and original_style CommandBar for new style.
- Added U6 use telescope and use silver horn.
- Added support for spawning mutant (two headed) actors and increase the number of temporary actors in Ultima 6 by 21
- Started work on MD/SE music support
- Added support for SE intro/menu/character creation sequences. (still needs a bit of work)
- Added support for MD/SE portraits
- Added support for lua script based usecode logic.
- Fixed in-game font support for MD/SE, some issues with conversation scripts, and lots of other bug fixes.
We are now going to direct our focus to the two worlds of ultima games!
Official Release 0.4Posted Sep 2nd, 2012
It's release time again. The Nuvie Team is proud to bring you version 0.4!
The big news with this release is that Ultima VI can now be completed in Nuvie without skipping any of the plot or using cheats! This is a big milestone for the project. Thanks to Malignant_Manor for playing through the game from start to finish in Nuvie to verify this.
We have been very busy working since the last release. There have been 280 commits to our subversion server since the 0.3 release.(1.5 commits per day on average)
We have spent a fair bit of time on improving the interface logic and ironing out gameplay issues.
Here's a quick summary of what is included in release 0.4
- New experimental fullscreen map mode. With gorgeous new art by Daniel c. Wurl.
- New roof tile system with map editor.
- Overhaul of interface logic with optional new U7 like interface. Removed lots of interface bugs.
- Added key binding system for in-game commands from Exult.
- Attack target memory
- 'command' combat mode.
- Loads of bug fixes
- Loads of small improvements.
There are still bugs to be found and small features to be added (The end sequence still needs doing) but with this release we are drawing ever closer to the big 1.0 release. As usual, please report any bugs on our bug tracker.